Pineapple is a tropical fruit which is made of many individual berries that grow together around a central core. Each pineapple scale is an individual flower, or berry.
Pineapple flesh can be eaten raw as fruits. Besides, its flesh can also be used in cuisines, desserts, salad, as well as in some savory dishes, including pizza toppings. Its juice can be used as a beverage, or used as the main ingredient in cocktails.
Pineapple contains high amounts of vitamin C and manganese, a good way to get important dietary fiber and bromelain (an enzyme).
- High level of vitamin C which improves immune system.
- High levels of antioxidants
- Its bromelain (digestive enzyme), aids people with pancreatic insufficiency
- This bromeliad also may also help to fight cancer
- Its wide variety of vitamins, minerals and enzymes may help to boost immunity and suppress inflammation
- Ease symptoms of arthritis
- Diuresis: beneficial to patients with nephritis and hypertension.