1. 维生素C含量高 (橙的四倍），因而提高免疫力
Guava is a common tropical fruit cultivated in many tropical and subtropical regions.
Guava fruit, usually 4 to 12 cm long, are round or oval depending on the species. The pulp inside may be sweet or lightly sour. Same as most of the fruits, Guava has seeds in the central pulp.
In many countries, guava is eaten raw, whereas in other countries it is eaten with a pinch of salt and pepper, cayenne powder or mix of spices. Some accompanied guava by salt and sugar, or sweet and sour dried plum powder mixtures for dipping.
Guava is rich in dietary fiber and vitamin C, with moderate levels of folic acid (nutrition table). Low in calories and with few essential nutrients.
- High level of vitamin C (4 times higher than an orange) which improves immunity
- High levels of antioxidants
- Can improve blood sugar control, prevent development of diabetes
- Helps improve the sodium and potassium balance of the body, thereby regulating blood pressure
- Rich in dietary fibre, which helps bowel movement
- Well known as a booster for vision health