椰子，产于丹南 – 也叫椰仁，是椰树（生命之树）的果子。
外层为硬纤维的核组成。核内含清甜、幾乎透明的椰汁和乳白色的果肉。是天气热时清甜爽口的消暑聖品。椰汁除了可以喝，也可以做成甜品（如冰沙）， 饮料（如椰水咖啡）。同样的 椰肉除了直接吃， 也可以榨成椰奶（椰浆）。
椰子的营养成分也非常完整。 大量蛋白质、果糖、葡萄糖、蔗糖、脂肪、维生素B1、E 和 C、钾、铜、锰， 铁等等。一颗椰子就足以提供我们一天所需要的矿物质，维他命，脂肪，纤维。
Coconut, planted in Tenom, is the fruit of the coconut tree. Coconut tree is also named the tree of life.
The outer layer is a hard shell with fibrous husk. The core contains sweet, nearly transparent coconut water and copra (coconut milky flesh). It is a refreshing drink especially in the hot summer and hot, humid tropical weather. Beside drinking coconut water directly, it can also be made into desserts (such as smoothies) and beverages (such as coconut water coffee). At the same time coconut milk can be obtained by pressing grated coconut fresh.
Coconut is a complete fruit which is highly nutritious. It contains a lot of protein, fructose, glucose, sucrose, fat, vitamins B1, E and C, potassium, copper, manganese, iron and so on. One coconut itself is enough to provide daily needs of minerals, vitamins, fat, and fiber.
- Its insoluble fiber moves food through your digestive system and aids bowel health.
- Its coconut oil may boost good cholesterol and reduce bad cholesterol. Thus, it may reduce risk of heart disease
- The high potassium and magnesium in coconut water acts as a diuretic and increases the flow and production of urine.
- Lauric acid found in coconut can eliminate intestinal parasitism, get rid of parasite flatworm and tapeworm.
- Its richness in minerals helps the formation of red blood cells, and lowers the blood pressure, strengthens bones and teeth.
- The alkalinity of coconut water can help neutralize purines in the body, and improves the symptoms of gout.